Skip to main content

Post #1



Throughout my first week, I ate locally produced foods, spanning from PCC to Trader Joes.
This consisted of every meal throughout my week. Surprisingly It was not that difficult, the
hardest part was finding the right foods to eat to keep up with my normal food routines.
See the source image

When using only locally produced foods will help sustain the environment but limiting the transportation as well as being healthier. When you eat only locally produced foods you create a healthier lifestyle and food regimen. I tend to either make food at my house or eat organic but that's not always the case. It can be unhealthy to only eat certain foods. I truly believe that when eating locally produced foods, it will decrease our negative environmental impacts. 


In order to impact our environment, you must reduce your carbon footprint. By eating locally produced food you can reduce your footprint by up to 7% as well as reducing your carbon emissions by 66%. This was found from Eat your Way to a Smaller Carbon footprint. (1) (2)

A key aspect for me in the past for not eating locally produced food has definitely been the pricing and the location. Near me, there is not a lot locally produced foods, only the main foods that had been shipped out over the sea. When transporting foods overseas it creates for CO2 emissions, therefore impacting our environment negatively.
(3) One of the coolest things about this process is it allows you to create your own guidelines.  


Sources:
  1. http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/food-miles
  2. www.terrapass.com/eat-your-way-to-a-smaller-carbon-footprint.
  3. http://the-ecotarian.com/stories/2016/2/26/environmental-impacts-of-food-2-transport


Comments

  1. Logan, you have to do this. I am very disappointing in you young man. You better get this done good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan, I want to applaud your attention to detail in your blog post! One suggestion I would make is to ensure you specify exactly how you came to the conclusion that your carbon footprint will be decreased by 66%.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment