Skip to main content

Post #3



  1. Reflection on the 3rd week

Throughout my 3rd week in my personal impact project, I realized how much dedication is needed to endure the positive action. (haha) I have still been going to Trader Joes and PCC and buying all locally produced food. Throughout this week two day out of the week, I went to the store to buy food. Other than that I worked out all of my recipes for the week so I wouldn't have to transport as much. Doing so would decrease my carbon footprint.

If the project ended today I truly think that I would try to keep up with my routine but overtime being with teenagers and going out all the time, I feel that it would slowly drift away. A way that I could keep it is to not eat locally 24/7 but to actually just do it occasionally throughout the week. This would give me some independence but then also still help decrease my carbon footprint. My main motivations to continue are that eating so healthy, I can see big changes in my body, working out with the right dieting is so important. Now going on the 3rd week, I have been keeping up on this process regularly! I intend to keep it up!

Reading this article I found that when developing a new habit it can take around 60s days of strict dedication. If you quite it won't work. To help you through this process you can get help from your peers or family. This article has been similar to my personal experience. I am still adapting to my new found habit. This article makes me want to counter this habit because once I get past this hard point, It will be effortless to eat on locally produced foods!!




Comments

  1. My opinion on this noble goal of a blank screen is really just that it is impressive. But in all seriousness, locally grown apples are a must as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Logan! I found your other blog posts really interesting and I was curious if in your next post, you could talk more about the strategies it takes to maintain the habit you are working on. I love produce from markets but I know a lot of people are unaware the strategies it takes to maintain getting local foods rather then shopping at Safeway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it! blog post 3! i haven't done it either but i believe in us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment